Last month my family went and got our family pictures taken. It was a lot of fun and I think they turned out totally great! We had Jann Green from my parents ward take our pictures. These are my favorites of everybody... hope they don't mind that I post them!
Drew Clarisa and Tylee
We're REALLY going to miss these guys when they move away next month. :(
I like this fam picture a lot... just not sure if we look too squished. I felt squished.
Another family pic that we got to use the cute chairs that Anisa let us borrow. Good thing you can see them really well right? haha.
Awwwww. The quilt in the back is my favorite! My best friend made it for us for our wedding. Love it.
She is sooo cayoooot! She was just barely able to sit up by herself so just out of the shot is everyone on their toes ready to catch her. (Jellies!)
This one is my favorite. I gotta find a way to post it permanently on the blog title.
So that was family pics.
The past month we have had a lot of fun celebrating the 4th and 24th (No pics, sorry). On the fourth we woke up bright and early to go to a block party breakfast in my parents neighborhood. It's been a tradition since the beginning of time. We had belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit, pancakes and bacon. It was really yummy and it was fun seeing everyone from the old neighborhood.
We hung out with my family the rest of the afternoon, did some shopping and watched a movie. Then that night we got the neighbors together again for the firework show. There was really like 50 people there sitting on our front lawn. Everybody's fireworks going off at the same time made for a good show. My mom made homemade chocolate ice cream and brownies... also a tradition. Dane and Drew were in their element choreographing and setting of the fireworks. It was fun! One of the best yet.
For the 24th, Dane went golfing with his dad and brothers while I went and had another yummy breakfast with my fam. He got to go try out his new clubs that he is now in love with. It's amazing how much a man can love that sport. He cleans and polishes them after every use... what love! He really enjoys it. After they were done golfing they got together with the girls and 3 nephews for lunch at Honolulu grill. It was my second time going there and I have to say that it really isn't my favorite. It was a bummer. (Parrothead still wins as far as polynesian food goes... well as far as anything goes!) But! I bought a pretty scarf made up for it! After lunch we went up with everyone to Pine Valley. The kids did a little fishing in the lake there. We saw a lot of fish, but didn't catch any... still fun though. Then we roasted some weenies and smores for dinner. Hangin out with the fam is pretty fun. It was a great day!
Other big news this month is that we sold our Mazda! Sad to see it go. But happy we'll get something new! We bought it like 4 months after we got married. The plan is to wait a couple months to save up more money so we can get a super sweet car for Christmas. We're pretty excited. We'll see how it goes with just the hyundai and work truck to get around. yikes.
Well, you might not hear from me much for a while again. I have been sooo busy with my online Physics class this summer. We're talking 8 hours of homework everyday I'm not working, and I'm only halfway finished with it. I'm also studying for my praxis math content test that I take this saturday! I'm a little nervous... I haven't studied for it much but that's what this week is for! Cramming. I just want to make sure I can pass my first try. That would be ideal.
We have our Fergie family reunion to look forward to this weekend also. We're excited for a vacation!








Pics are cute... love the chair.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the Praxis test... I know how those go. I'm sure you'll do great!