Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fun things in October

So, remember my last post where I complained and complained that I was stuck at Costco working? Yah, I was being a bit over-dramatic. The good news now though is.... I quit! Yayayayay! It's not that it was a bad job or that I hated it. It was a great job. I was lucky to have it! I was just missing out on a lot of stuff working there every. single. weekend. I also was getting WAY behind on homework. Dane has been making more than enough money to cover for me so he was nice enough to let me quit. I worked there for over two years and I made a lot of good friends. I learned a lot about eyeballs too! Haha, they're pretty interesting actually. I'll miss working there. Hopefully the next job I apply for will be a teaching position!

School has been absolutely crazy busy. The secondary ed. program isn't difficult, it's just high-maintenance, busy work. There is just sooo much homework. It's ending soon though! Just five more weeks! I really like the program though. It's been a good change. I've made a good group of friends in there who make it fun.

On October 15th, Dane and I went to Las Vegas over the Fall Break so that he could take his Real Estate Agent Test. He had been studying for it for a long time. I was really impressed with the time and effort he put into the class. It was like 120 hours of classes! Then studying after that for the test took a lot of time and preparation. But it all paid off! He passed the test! We were both really happy that he passed it on his first try! He is still deciding what he wants to do with it. He will probably sign with his dad's property management business and get into real estate if other work there slows down. I know that one of Dane's goals in life is to flip houses so this was a good first step. He is just so good at stuff!

We are happy to say that we finally bought our new car!!!!!!! We sold our Mazda back in July and I told Dane that I would let him pick our next car as long as he would wait until November. Well. That didn't happen. We were both sick of waiting so on October 20th we went and bought a....

2012 Hyundai Elantra - Limited Edition
 Isn't she AWESOME! Dane made a good choice. We absolutely love driving it! It's not the Optima we would have loved to have, but it is a very VERY close second! All I can say is heated seats are awesome.

Other recent events:

Dane's family all came down for their fall break and we went out and played at the lake and rode four-wheelers. I, unfortunately was working most of the time they were out there, but I did make it for a little bit at least! It's always fun when the whole family is together!


We went up to Cedar City to celebrate Tylee's birthday! It was awesome! That little girl is so freaking cute. We went swimming first at their awesome indoor aquatic center with the slide of death (don't get me started). Tylee did way good swimming! She was having so much fun. After swimming we went to Tylee's house for presents and birthday cake. 

She ninja'd her cupcake.


We went to our ward Halloween Party and had a lot of fun. We needed some last minute costumes though so I borrowed my little brothers pirate costume from when he was five or six. It was pretty funny.

Dane dressed up as "Mayhem" from the Allstate Insurance commercials. I think he pulled it off!

Dane's awesome pumpkin he carved with his family. The eyes are hard boiled eggs that he glued in. It was to coolest looking pumpkin I've ever seen!

These are the pumpkins we carved with my family. We carved Mike Wazowski on the left. My dad and mom carved the middle pumpkin. Their inspiration was Wallace and Grommit. Kye carved the Mario pumpkin on the right.

It's been a fun couple of weeks. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and school being over soon. Then we get to celebrate our anniversary and Christmas! So many cool things happening soon! Wahoo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to quit your job. It seems like I never see you any more. I'm glad you're having fun in school and it's about time to do your student teaching!

    ReplyDelete