Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Day Hike

Aaaaaaaand.... we're back! Here goes my goal of keeping up with our family blog a little bit better!

It's New Year's Day and it's Dane's last day off of work for Christmas vacation. He really wanted to do something fun today so we decided to see if we could find anyone to join us for a hike in Zion. Hiking usually isn't my favorite thing (and by that I mean - I loathe it), but I was up for it today because I knew how much Jennika would love it. Also because Dane deserves to have some fun every now and then! So off we went!

Dane's parents joined us (with their free admission passes, SCORE!) and so did Ryan and Anisa and their boys. We went and did a short hike to see the Emerald Pools. It was really cold since we were in the shade the whole time and the paved (thank goodness!) trail was covered in snow, ice and mud. We all slipped a few times, but it was still pretty fun! Jennika had fun eating her goldfish and getting pushed along in her stroller. What a life she has! The boys all love to try and make her smile and push her along. It's cute! She had a great time!

After that hike we went a little further into the canyon to try out another one. Everyone decided though that it was too cold so we didn't start it.  We headed to the Zion Lodge Gift Shop to check out their cool stuff and to get warm for a minute.

Then, we headed to Oscar's for some dinner with Ryan, Anisa and their boys. The food was super yummy (slash expensive)! We decided not to order a kid's meal for Jennika and instead just share our dinner with her. Her cousins shared their French Fries with her and she dipped them in our beans and scarfed them up! I'm telling you, she loves her black beans! I'm not sure how I feel about that!

It was a great day. I'm glad we got out to do something fun the last day of our vacation!









Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment