It seems like all we ever do is work.
Dane is so busy working three different jobs. Before he got his latest job at Steton, he just worked for his dad. He pretty much picked the hours he wanted to work, and it was pretty steady. He was living the life... sleeping in until 9ish, working until 3ish, taking days off to golf. But, it could only last so long before the loving wife got jealous and made him find more work. He didn't mind the idea. I don't think he wanted us to live in poverty the rest of our lives. Anyways, so he got a job a Steton! It's part-time and works great with his other job still. So he gets to do it all! Lucky guy. As soon as he started working there, things picked up at the apartments and we had 4 people moving out and 4 different people moving in all in a two-week time span. It was crazy. But everyone is in and happy now.
I have been busy with school lately. I have been on a fast-track to make up time. I WASTED! a whole years worth of school thinking I wanted to be a business major. I get so frustrated thinking I could be finished with school right now if I just would have known what I wanted all along. I'm super jealous of everyone graduating right now. But, I just have one more year left, and I can handle that... I think. I decided I wanted to go into math education after I took a business calculus class from Prof. Hunt. He was great. Math was fun and understandable in his class. So I decided I wanted to be a teacher like him. So, in an effort to make up a years worth of time I completed 3 semesters of calculus, 2 semesters of abstract algebra, euclidean/non-euclidean geometry, linear algebra, diferential equations, discrete mathematics, trigonometry, probability/stats, and 15 credits of education pre-requisites. Now I am just one year away! I am studying for the Praxis Math Content test that I will take over the summer, then in the fall I start the Secondary Education program (19 credits, yikes!). Spring 2012 I will student teach and in May 2012 I will have my diploma in hand! Then we will start being gazillionaires (with a teacher's salary, HA!).
So, life is very busy right now, but it's all good. We love everyday and we are excited for the future.
Overall, we are so blessed and so grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment