Dane and I had a way fun couple of days this past weekend. For the summer, I worked out my schedule with the office so I work six days ON and I get six days OFF. So I was lucky to have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off! Wahoo! I don't know how I feel about the upcoming work week, but the time off was great!
A lot of Dane's family was in town over the weekend so we got to spend some time with them. Friday afternoon Dane went golfing with his brother's Mark and Shane and his dad. Dane would be in heaven if he could golf 24/7. I don't understand it. But Dane is pretty darn good though. So it's all good. Having it be perfect weather and pretty area helps.
After Dane was finished golfing, we headed up to Pine Valley with our friends Aubrey and Shandon. We roasted some weenies for dinner and had s'mores. We put our marshmallows on chocolate covered graham crackers which was awesome! After our dinner, we walked around the lake/pond (we couldn't decide what it should be called) a little ways. It was actually really pretty and the weather was great up there. We had a lot of fun hanging out. We'll probably go up again soon.
Saturday was a fun day also! We went with all of Dane's family to Cafe Rio for lunch... which would have be awesome, as usual, but this time Dane and I decided to share a burrito. Dane usually likes hot sauce on his and I usually get Mild sauce. Well I thought getting the Medium sauce would be a good compromise... and it was. Too bad it was I didn't like it very much haha. We won't be sharing anymore.
After lunch we went to the ball fields and played a game of baseball. It was a lot of fun. Our nephews are super good at stuff! Max and Zach were little pro's out there making all of us look bad. Even our younger nephews were pretty good. I think we'll be playing more baseball, definitely. At least if I have anything to say about it!
After baseball, we switched families. We went over to my parents house for s'mores and a Kye-Max. The s'mores we made this time were way good too! Instead of just plain chocolate we used Rolos... ooooh man, they were good. Our niece is just barely starting to sit up on her own and we got this cool family pic with her sitting in her own little "cow" shaped chair. SO CUTE!
Now, in case you don't know what a Kye-Max is, it's like an IMax movie, just better (named after my awesome brother Kye of course). We pull out our projector and surround sound and set up chairs and beanbags and blankets and pillows outside and watch a movie. I love it! We watched Sahara. It was the first time Dane had seen it and I think he liked it! I love that movie. I really like the book too. I would recommend it to anyone! Betcha didn't know it was a book!
Sunday was a great day at church. We spent the afternoon hanging out with my family. Since Dane's parents and my parents only live about six blocks apart, we switch weeks having Sunday dinner at each place. I love being with family on Sunday's and just playing games and laughing.
Monday we went with Dane's fam to the splash pad on main street. These pics are of our nephews Max and Zach who I mentioned before. They are crazy funny kids. We got to spend time with our other niece and nephew Carson and Olivia who we don't get to see too often which was a blast. They're way cute kids.
Now, it's Tuesday. Today I finally decided to buckle down and start my online summer physics class. Oh man is it going to be tough. I spent a good couple hours on just two problems! Yikes! Luckily, my awesome shwangheim came home from work and decided he wanted to make dinner. How cool is that! And it was good too! He made pesto chicken pasta with garlic bread... way fancy. The first plate is mine...
And this plate is Dane's... He likes his garlic bread I guess! HA.
Life has been great. I'm so grateful to have married into a family where I get to play with tons of nieces and nephews! I went from having zero to having 22 the day I married Dane. I also gained some awesome sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law. I love the Schole's family! I love my family too! Both of our families are in completely different stages in life, so its fun to be a part of both. My parents got their first grandchild last year, so we're at the very beginning! I love being an Aunt and I love my family!
What a fun weekend! Love your awesome new work schedule.
ReplyDelete